New customer account setup
This procedure describes the minimum requirements needed to set up a new customer account.
Create a new customer account for each customer that needs to process documents using Kofax AP Essentials. When you create a customer account, specify settings that determine:
- Which document process the customer account uses.
- What services the customer account uses.
- What users the have access to Kofax AP Essentials and the roles they perform.
- Which buyers the customer has.
These steps describe the minimum requirements needed to set up a new customer:
- Add a new customer account. Note that when you add a new customer account, you also create an administrator user at the same time.
- Enable the services that the customer account requires. Every customer account must have Extraction and Target system services in order to activate the account. Other services are optional.
- Optionally add buyers or sellers. If the account does not have multiple buyer/seller organizations, you do not need to add buyers/sellers.
- Optionally add custom email addresses, if the Email input service is enabled. One email address is already created for you, if the Email input service is enabled.
- Add users that will be responsible for processing documents.
- When you are satisfied with all the settings, activate the customer account. An email is automatically sent to each user with login information, and the customer account is ready to accept documents for processing.