Page separation is a term which describes how invoices you send to ReadSoft Online are separated, so ReadSoft Online can determine where one invoice ends and the next invoice begins. You can choose to separate invoices with a blank page, a barcode or you can choose no separation, depending on your needs.
Before you send invoices to ReadSoft Online, you need to consider whether your invoices require page separation.
If you send a small number of invoices to ReadSoft Online—via upload, email or Online Connect—or if suppliers send invoices directly to ReadSoft Online via email, this is probably the best option for you. You do not need to separate invoices with blank pages, however:
If you send many invoices to ReadSoft Online—via upload, email or Online Connect—this is probably the best option for you. This is also the method you use when using a duplex scanner, which scans both sides of each invoice page. To utilize this feature:
- Select Blank page in the Page separation method setting (Extraction service).
- When sending invoices via email, the Attachments setting must be set to Multiple documents per attachment.
- Every invoice in a batch must be preceded by a blank page. In other words, the first page of a batch must be a blank page, and you must have a blank page between each invoice.
You do not need blank pages:
- if the batch only contains one single-page invoice.
- if every invoice in the batch is a single-page invoice.
ReadSoft Online automatically removes blank pages that are used for page separation. However, blank back-pages of scanned images are not removed.
Using blank-page separation greatly improves production efficiency when processing large volumes of multi-page and single-page invoices because ReadSoft Online can easily determine where each invoice begins.
Every batch of duplex invoices must contain an even number of pages (excluding the blank pages). If a duplex batch has an odd number of pages, ReadSoft Online cannot process the batch and an input-failed email notification is sent with the following error message:
Batch has two leading blank pages but contains an odd number of pages.
If the first page of each incoming invoice is labeled with a barcode, you can use the barcodes to separate invoices. To utilize this feature: