Configuring Coupa for use with Kofax AP Essentials
Before you can use the Coupa integration with Kofax AP Essentials, you must:
Prepare your connection settings.
Register Kofax AP Essentials as a third-party cXML sender.
Check the supplier settings.
Create an API response filter. Required for purchase order services.
Prepare your connection settings
Kofax AP Essentials connects to Coupa using either token-based authorization or an API key. Whichever method you choose, you specify the settings in the target system settings.
Creating token-based credentials
To create token-based credentials in Coupa:
- Log in to Coupa and navigate to Setup > Oauth2/OpenID Connect Clients .
- Click Create and use the view that appears to create your credentials.
- Make sure you select Client credentials in the Grant Type setting.
- After you complete the settings, click Save.
Creating an API key
To create an API key in Coupa:
- Log in to Coupa and navigate to the Setup > API Keys view.
- Click Create and use the view that appears to specify an API key.
- The API key must have Index and Show permissions on these objects:
Register Kofax AP Essentials as a third-party cXML sender
To register Kofax AP Essentials as a third-party cXML sender in Coupa:
- Log in to Coupa and navigate to the Setup view.
Invoicing group, click
cXML Third Party Senders.
The cXML Sender view appears.
- Click Create and use the view that appears to specify Kofax AP Essentials as a cXML sender.
Before you save your settings, note the Sender Identity and the Sender Domain. The values you specify here are required in the target system settings.
Check the supplier settings
- In Coupa, make sure all of the suppliers have supplier numbers.
Make sure cXML invoicing is enabled for each supplier and specify these settings:
- CXML Invoice Supplier Domain
- CXML Invoice Supplier Identity
- CXML Invoice Buyer Domain
- CXML Invoice Buyer Identity
- CXML Invoice Secret
Select these options in the
Invoicing Configuration settings:
You can upload Coupa supplier configurations in bulk. See Coupa documentation for more information.
- Create Invoices with No Backing Document
- Allow Non-Backed Lines on PO Invoices
Create an API response filter
If you use Kofax AP Essentials's Purchase order service, you must create an API response filter in Coupa and specify the name of the filter in the Coupa API filter setting. Create the API response filter in Coupa using these settings:
|Description||Retrives purchase orders for Kofax AP Essentials|