Verifying single-item (header) fields
This procedure shows how to verify fields, also known as header fields.
- If the status of all the fields are Complete, simply check their values for correctness and click OK at the bottom of the screen.
If there are incomplete fields, select the first field that is
incomplete. A box is displayed that explains what is wrong with the field. For
example, it can be the wrong format or the value is missing. Problems that are
displayed in the box are called validation errors. Validation errors that are
marked with a warning () must be fixed and
cannot be overridden.
- If the field you want to capture could not be found, hold the CTRL key (Command key for Mac) while drawing a rectangle around the field you want to capture on the invoice image. The value is interpreted automatically. You can also double-click a field on the invoice image to draw the rectangle automatically.
- If the correct field is interpreted, but the value was interpreted incorrectly, type the correct value.
- You can click the titles of the Supplier name and Supplier number fields to open search dialogs that can help you find correct information. A search dialog is also available to the Order number field, if you use the purchase order service to import PO data.
When the value is correct, press
Enter to complete the
If the value you enter is in conflict with one or more field validations, and your settings let you override validation errors, a dialog appears that asks you if you want to override all of the validation errors on the current field.
- When all the fields are Complete, click OK.