Workflow services provide functionality that simplifies and automates tasks within an accounts-payable process. Workflow services include functionality for:
- Invoice approval.
- Creating approval routes (workflow configurations) that determine which users must approve an invoice, and the order in which it is approved, before sending it to the financial system.
- Email notifications, which inform users of pending invoices that need approval.
- Automation rules, which can be used to trigger workflows to start automatically.
When you enable the Workflow service:
- The Assigned to me menu appears in the document list view. The Roles & Privileges settings determine whether users can see these views.
- If the Workflow service is disabled, you cannot select target systems that require the Workflow service.
After you enable the workflow service, you can add and edit workflow services.
There are three types of workflows: Coding & approval, Correction and Rejection.