Adding a workflow
A workflow configuration determines how an invoice is routed through different users for approval before it is finally posted in the target system.
Adding a workflow in Admin Center
To add a workflow using Admin Center
Navigate to the
EDIT and then click one
of the following:
- ADD CODING & APPROVAL WORKFLOW
- ADD CORRECTION WORKFLOW
- ADD REJECTION WORKFLOW
- In the dialog that appears, give the workflow a Name and Description.
ADD to create a step in
Alternatively, if you want to create a workflow for approving invoices automatically without user interaction, do not create any steps here and skip to step 11. For example, if you want invoices with amounts less than $20 to be approved automatically, create a workflow without steps and create a trigger to direct invoices with amounts less than $20 to that workflow.
- In the dialog that appears, specify the Name of the step.
- Select the user or group who will perform this step in the Assigned to user box.
- Optionally select the Coding box if you want users to be able to perform account coding it this step.
- Optionally select Use approval hierarchy if you want to use linear approval, or other hierarchal approval methods, which can reduce the number of workflows you have to create.
- Optionally create conditions for the step.
- Click OK to add this step the workflow and return to the previous view.
- Repeat steps 3 to 9 until you have created all the steps your workflow requires. You can make up to 50 steps in a workflow.
- Specify the Exception handler.
- Click OK to return the Workflow view, and click SAVE to save the workflow.