Configuring token-based authentication for NetSuite
NetSuite recommends switching from traditional authentication (email and password) to token-based authentication (TBA). TBA gives you the added benefit of not having to update the password in the ReadSoft Online settings every time the password changes. Read more about TBA in NetSuite Help.
This procedure assumes you have:
Enabled token-based authentication in NetSuite.
To activate token-based authentication for the ReadSoft Online integration with NetSuite:
- Navigate to .
Make a copy of the “ReadSoft” role by clicking
Edit, changing the name of the role to "ReadSoft
TBA" and clicking
After you click the Save As button, you return to the list view, where you can find the original "ReadSoft" role and the newly created copy, "ReadSoft TBA".
- Click Edit to edit the ReadSoft TBA role.
At the bottom of the view, navigate to
Log in using Access Tokens permission.
, add the
After you add the permission, make sure the Level setting set to Full.
- Save the role.
Assign the ReadSoft TBA role to a NetSuite user and create an access token
Assign the role
- Navigate to .
- Select the user account you want to use and edit it.
- Select the Access settings.
- Use the box at the bottom of the Roles settings to add the ReadSoft TBA role and click Save.
Create an access token
- Navigate to to create a NetSuite access token.
- Select Connector in the Application name box.
- Choose the user that you want to create the token for in the User box.
- Select TBA as the Role.
- Specify a name for the token in the Token Name box and click Save.
A confirmation screen displays the new token ID and token secret. Copy these values for use in the next step.
For security reasons, this is the only time NetSuite displays the token ID and token secret. After you leave this page, they cannot be retrieved from the system. If you lose these credentials, you must reset them to obtain new values.
ReadSoft Online Admin Center, navigate to the
target system settings and specify the token ID and token secret in the corresponding settings.
Make sure the Email and Password settings are empty.